The Porsche 910, also known as the Carrera 10, was introduced during the summer of 1966 and raced through 1967, continuing the company’s assault on international competition. It was similar to the preceding 906, including the spaceframe chassis, but with suspension, changes to accommodate the smaller 13-inch magnesium wheels. The body featured a Targa roof which eliminated the ‘gull-wing’ doors from the 906. The engine continued to be the two-liter, flat-six found in the Type 906. The competitive lifespan of the Porsche 910 was short, but it was an important developmental step in the company’s pursuit of victory at LeMans. It earned outright and dominant victories at the Targa Florio and Nurburgring 1000 Km, and the European Hill Climb Championship in 1966. Compared to the preceding 906, it was faster, lighter, and more ‘nimble.’ Check out all of our Porsche 910 Research.
In 1967 and 1968, the Porsche 910/8 Bergspyder was the dominant force before the 909 came along. Porsche’s 910 was essentially an updated 906 and were championship-winning machines thanks to being extremely nimble and well-suited to mountain roads. It had titanium (brake calipers), beryllium (brake discs), magnesium (wheels), electron (tank), plastic (body) and aluminium. The running gear was similar to that of a Formula 1 car, including an eight-cylinder boxer engine. Read More
Porsche 910 was the evolution of the 906 with Ferdinand Piëch as its main driving force and Hans Mezger as the head engineer. It came before 907, 908 and 909. Compared to the 906, the 910 had 13" Formula 1 wheels with central locking (906 had 15" 5-bolt wheels), more rounded design everywhere and the roof panel was removable. Because of the targa roof, the cool-looking gullwing doors of the 906 had to be forgotten. Read More